Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum

Dodge Magnum Forum - Modern Mopar Forum (https://www.magnumforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Magnum General Discussion (https://www.magnumforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What is a Fare Price Range for a Automatic 2wd R/T (https://www.magnumforumz.com/showthread.php?t=4632)

FutaGrlAlicePA 02-17-2020 03:52 PM

What is a Fare Price Range for a Automatic 2wd R/T

Yes as the title suggests I’m trying to figure out what is a fair price range for a used 100k or more mile 2wd automatic v8 r/t??? I know different packages and features can change the price drastically. So that’s fine just trying to get a general price range. I’m looking into one of these is a possibility for a daily driver for me and transporting my power wheelchair.

HemiLonestar 02-18-2020 08:24 PM

Check KBB or Edmunds. People are inflating prices on them right now because they've been out of production for 12yrs and think they're more valuable than they are.

GeoffM 04-23-2020 08:08 PM

Better is what is your desire for one or what are YOU willing to live with

KBB and Edmunds have a different formula when valuing vehicles I doubt you get a proper value for 71 GTX for example. I have 08 R/t AWD, Black with every option except VES,190K Miles, 1 of like 240, I wouldn't sell it for under 16K but I bet ya KBB would say 8K in top condition. I have an 05 RT AWD with about 110K an little to no options that one I'd let go for around 8.5K. Yes they don't make em any more and they're a more unique LX (then say the Charger/300) so again I'd say it's all about what your willing to live with to own one.

HemiLonestar 04-24-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoffM (Post 18910)
Better is what is your desire for one or what are YOU willing to live with

KBB and Edmunds have a different formula when valuing vehicles I doubt you get a proper value for 71 GTX for example. I have 08 R/t AWD, Black with every option except VES,190K Miles, 1 of like 240, I wouldn't sell it for under 16K but I bet ya KBB would say 8K in top condition. I have an 05 RT AWD with about 110K an little to no options that one I'd let go for around 8.5K. Yes they don't make em any more and they're a more unique LX (then say the Charger/300) so again I'd say it's all about what your willing to live with to own one.

You are precisely one of those people lol; you're that guy who has what's left of a 68 Charger in the backyard with trees growing through it and wants $10K plus because he's seen Mecum & B-J and thinks that's what it's worth. A 71 GTX is measured by a different standard; apples to oranges. A Magnum R/T, AWD or RWD is neither a performance nor collectible car. So I hope you like holding on to them. The only ones that truly hold their value are the SRT's.

GeoffM 04-24-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar (Post 18922)
You are precisely one of those people lol; you're that guy who has what's left of a 68 Charger in the backyard with trees growing through it and wants $10K plus because he's seen Mecum & B-J and thinks that's what it's worth. A 71 GTX is measured by a different standard; apples to oranges. A Magnum R/T, AWD or RWD is neither a performance nor collectible car. So I hope you like holding on to them. The only ones that truly hold their value are the SRT's.

Precisely, not a 68 charger but a 67 Barracuda convertible in the garage and a 78 Magnum Big Block, T-Top - and if you think a Magnum R/T is neither a performance nor collectable, then perhaps you should sell your grocery getter and buy a Aspen Wagon (had one of them at one time 318 with 3 speed that was a fun ride), I mean Honestly why do you have one? cause it's cool, unique, always wanted one, different from a charger? My point is, what's it worth to you? A 71 RR is not everyone's cup of tea, and look at a price tag and go "kewl" and go on looking for that which excites them. You can look down your nose all you want at our your perceived over valued Maggies but for someone else they get what they want and pay for it

HemiLonestar 04-26-2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoffM (Post 18932)
Precisely, not a 68 charger but a 67 Barracuda convertible in the garage and a 78 Magnum Big Block, T-Top - and if you think a Magnum R/T is neither a performance nor collectable, then perhaps you should sell your grocery getter and buy a Aspen Wagon (had one of them at one time 318 with 3 speed that was a fun ride), I mean Honestly why do you have one? cause it's cool, unique, always wanted one, different from a charger? My point is, what's it worth to you? A 71 RR is not everyone's cup of tea, and look at a price tag and go "kewl" and go on looking for that which excites them. You can look down your nose all you want at our your perceived over valued Maggies but for someone else they get what they want and pay for it

My grocery getter is a '12 SRT lol...I have a Magnum because it was a project I scored cheap. It performs ADEQUATELY, as does every R/T made since about 2000 does. Adequately. As in better than a measly V6 but not on par with the top dog (and I've owned a few of each, including the aforementioned B body). I'm not looking down at anything (I have one) but your overinflated opinion of what your cars are worth lol. Again, you are VASTLY overestimating it's value. That's facts, grandpa lol. SRT Magnum on the other hand, those hold their values more than its siblings. Also facts. None of the LX's short of an SRT will ever be one of the "desired" classics; it'll be just like a '70 Coronet wagon LMAO. Hope you like being buried with them bwahaha.

jpeteyjr 05-21-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar (Post 18934)
My grocery getter is a '12 SRT lol...I have a Magnum because it was a project I scored cheap. It performs ADEQUATELY, as does every R/T made since about 2000 does. Adequately. As in better than a measly V6 but not on par with the top dog (and I've owned a few of each, including the aforementioned B body). I'm not looking down at anything (I have one) but your overinflated opinion of what your cars are worth lol. Again, you are VASTLY overestimating it's value. That's facts, grandpa lol. SRT Magnum on the other hand, those hold their values more than its siblings. Also facts. None of the LX's short of an SRT will ever be one of the "desired" classics; it'll be just like a '70 Coronet wagon LMAO. Hope you like being buried with them bwahaha.

Do you really L when you LOL ?

HemiLonestar 05-22-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeteyjr (Post 18998)
Do you really L when you LOL ?

I do, either just because or at someone :D

HappyHemi 10-15-2020 08:51 PM

You can find one for a good price if you have time to watch the for sale adds for a bit. I picked up my 128k mile 05 RT for $3500. Just took me about 6 months of looking.